IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Regular Starter

Default Official Texans vs. Broncos Thread, 08/09/2008

I am getting really excited to see the team in action. Can't wait until Saturday. Most importantly, I want to see how Brown handles the rush.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:13 PM
All-Pro

I'm hoping we see we have a very good team, but first thing want to see is the DL perform in a dominant way.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Pro Bowler

I'm going to be looking for that new found team speed on defense.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Regular Starter

I am looking forward to seeing if I can get my two year old to sit through the game and yell as loud as me.

Scouting report

Last edited by kravix; 08-07-2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: added content
Old 08-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
I'm going to be looking for that new found team speed on defense.
good call.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Regular Starter

I'm looking forward to zero injuries.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Administrator

And along those lines, I'm looking forward to Andre Johnson in street clothes.

As for on the field, I am excited to see the battle at running back. There's something a little Domanick-like about Darius Walker to me in that it seems he's getting some run as a third down back that may be hard to take off the field.

I'm also interested to see Steve Slaton let loose and learn what Taylor is capable of post-injury. Then of course there's also Brown and Bell, if they play. Can't imagine Green gets much of anything this Saturday.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:37 AM
Regular Starter

I dont think we will see much in the way of blitzing or stunts so I dont expect the D Line to dominate. So I want to see the defense defend the run well and the offensive line dominate.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:10 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadams View Post
Most importantly, I want to see how Brown handles the rush.
Same here. Kubiak has said that he expects to play him for the better part of a whole half. And he's gonna go up against the Brondcos Elvis Dumervil, one of the best speed-rushers coming off the edge this side of Indys Freeney.
Message to Duane Brown - don't do anything studid in your NFL debut like letting somebody by you to mash QB Schaub.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:59 AM
Regular Starter

i'm probably going to focus on the new aquisitions and picks to see how they are stacking up. also chris taylor and steve slaton.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
And along those lines, I'm looking forward to Andre Johnson in street clothes.

As for on the field, I am excited to see the battle at running back. There's something a little Domanick-like about Darius Walker to me in that it seems he's getting some run as a third down back that may be hard to take off the field.

I'm also interested to see Steve Slaton let loose and learn what Taylor is capable of post-injury. Then of course there's also Brown and Bell, if they play. Can't imagine Green gets much of anything this Saturday.
Yea, the RB battle should be fun. I haven't really been a big fan or Darius Walker, but with all of this hype I am slowly turning around on him. I don't think he's a feature back, our future, or anything like that. But, I do think he could play a nice role, coupled with another RB or two, and work as a stop gap until we are able to find a nice feature back.

The main thing I'm worried about is Chris Brown having a good preseason. He's already shown his true colors early in camp, and I am entirely too excited about some of our younger guys (Taylor, Walker, Slaton, etc.) to see a roster spot wasted on a guy who has a knack for going down with phantom injuries. I know he has incredible potential, especially in our system, but he's already disproven any shred of hope I had for him overcoming the problems he had in Tennessee. The worst thing that could happen, IMO, is for him to have a fantastic preseason. Then again, in all likelihood, if he does disappoint and end up cut, Mike Bell will probably take his spot and we will still have to cut one of our younger guys (eerrr nevermind that: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5931910.html.)

Last edited by nero THE zero; 08-08-2008 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Hall of Fame

A little over 1 hour to kickoff. Let's go already!
Old 08-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Drafted Rookie

[QUOTE=Keith;2308]And along those lines, I'm looking forward to Andre Johnson in street clothes.
QUOTE]

I would have liked to look forward to seeing Ahman Green, Demeco Ryans in street clothes also.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Training Camp Fodder

I JUST found this site!! It feels so good to be back!! Perfect timing too... right before the first pre-season game no less!

The thing I want to see the most is the running game; don't care who is carrying, I just wanna see Gibb's magic start to come together.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Halftime:

Texans 13, Denver 7

Ahman = Oh-man

Taylor filling in just hasn't had a whole lot of daylight to run to ....

Gonna take a while for this offense to gel I do believe...
Old 08-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Training Camp Fodder

Anyone know who gave up the late sack to Rosenfels?

What about details on the rooks? Brown, Molden, Okam, et al?
Old 08-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Regular Starter

Get ready to say good-bye to Chris Taylor. He can't even run against a team that will be at teh bottom at stopping the run.

And totally missed the block when Rosenbalm got schlackered.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rum Runner View Post
Anyone know who gave up the late sack to Rosenfels?

What about details on the rooks? Brown, Molden, Okam, et al?
Brown is doing OK - nothing spectacular... Didn't see many rooks in the first half - I think they'll be 2nd half players...
Old 08-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Regular Starter

My first impressions.

Running game= teh suck... Green went down on the first run play(I wanted to cry)

Chris Taylor.. I think it was more the line than him, but either way he didnt look good.

Walker.. He looked better than Taylor, but still not great.

Slaton.. The kid did awesome. He may be under 200lb, but if he can pack on some meat and keep his speed he could be our feature back.

"Open" Daniels was there as always. Davis played great. I think the last spot will be a tough battle between Anderson and Crowder... I would have to give it to Anderson though. He was probably the best reciever out there.

I didnt see the other TE's make a huge difference. I really expected Dressen to show up, if he did i missed it.

Flether and Faggins and Roberson all played great. If i had to pick one I would say Faggins had the better game.

I think the Sage sack was partially his fault and mostly Taylors fault. Taylor should have picked up the blitzer instead of helping double the inside man IMO.

Kris Brown has to be one of the best kickers in the NFL, and is definatly one of the most important players on the team.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:04 AM
All-Pro

Mario was the beast we have been seeing at practice.

Okoye looks improved.

Remember we are running a base defense, nothing fancy.

I would not be against Brown and Green going bye bye. Let Taylor, Slaton and Walker be the guys, get Bell in shape and then sign him. Brown had one carry I saw and he went no where, but that looked to be the OL, Green is starting early, and no one touched him.

As I have noted in my practice updates Anderson is going to be hard to cut, and Jacoby is on the bubble, he still seems to be on the inside, but that can change.

We have some depth and we will cut some solid players.