IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 10-27-2021, 06:16 PM
Regular Starter

Default Trade Deadline Thread

Ingram traded back to NO. No terms disclosed yet.

My friend says that Ingram was becoming very frustrated and wanted out.

Cooks is probably traded soon...along with others. Sounds like Caserio's office has a revolving door with players requesting trades.

Pastor E is making everyone miserable.
Old 10-27-2021, 10:44 PM
Administrator

The strategy of signing some of these usable vets and playing them instead of the young guys is yielding dividends, i.e. draft picks, if not wins. Sucks for some of these players as we fans watch some of the sausage being made, but aside from a handful of core players, I hope the Texans are able to trade even more of them if it means more draft picks.

I was impressed with what Ingram had left in him this season. Tough downhill runs. But will the Texans win fewer games now that he is gone? Maybe, probably, who cares. They have their one win already this year. Winning too many more isn't helping much in the long-term.

Any player that's not seen as a significant contributor in 2023 and beyond should be available for trade. 31-year old RBs? Bye, thanks for your service.
Old 10-28-2021, 07:49 AM
All-Pro

I agree. If you are so dumb you have no young talent on your awful tanking team, then sign veterans to tradeable contracts and try to get low picks out of it.

I also agree with trading anyone who won't matter in 2023, so that means everyone.
Old 10-28-2021, 07:56 AM
Regular Starter

What I don't get about their roster strategy is the lack of "churn" on the bottom of the roster and the practice squad. You'd think a rebuilding team would want to have a revolving door to give young, cheap players what amount to extended tryouts in the hopes of finding some keepers. Maybe the COVID protocols make that more difficult this year, and having a roster spot eaten up by a QB on double secret probation probably doesn't help. So far most of those bottom of the roster and practice squad moves have been related to injuries.
Old 10-29-2021, 11:48 AM
Regular Starter

JACKPOT!

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...27680895455235

Quote:
Compensation update: Houston acquired a 2024 7th-round draft pick from New Orleans in exchange for veteran running back Mark Ingram, per league source.
Old 10-29-2021, 12:30 PM
All-Pro

Outstanding return. Can't wait to see what Caserio extracts from the Fins for Deshaun. Boy they're really firing on all cylinders over there.

My favorite part of this is not that it's a 7th round pick in exchange for your best running back, no, uh-uh, it's that it's all the way out in mfking 2024.

Anyway, hopefully they use the pick to acquire a player of uncompromising character and outstanding leadership.
Old 10-29-2021, 01:03 PM
Administrator

2024 7th for a 31+ yr old RB on a half season's contract. That this is 2024 is laughable until you read what the Saints are actually getting. A half-eaten ham sandwich is more than what the Saints should have offered.
Old 10-29-2021, 01:14 PM
Regular Starter

Yeah, that tells me the Texans were close to meeting his request to cut him before they found someone to offer something for him.
Old 10-29-2021, 02:33 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
2024 7th for a 31+ yr old RB on a half season's contract. That this is 2024 is laughable until you read what the Saints are actually getting. A half-eaten ham sandwich is more than what the Saints should have offered.
The Saints thought enough of him to make sure that he had an extension signed for next year.
Old 10-29-2021, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
The Saints thought enough of him to make sure that he had an extension signed for next year.
A fool and his money-slash-draft picks are soon parted. Show me a list of all the other teams bidding on Ingram.

Anyone believe this? From @Saints:
Quote:
Ingram said the Texans said if any other team had called about trading for him, it wouldn't have been a discussion but out of respect for him and how he started here they wanted to give him the option
https://twitter.com/Saints/status/1454174789204074502

I don't doubt the Texans said it. I doubt another team called offering anything truly better.

Ingram didn't let Brandin Cooks know I guess.
Quote:
@brandincooks
This is bullshit. Such a joke
https://twitter.com/brandincooks/sta...81308995440643
Old 10-30-2021, 02:32 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Outstanding return. Can't wait to see what Caserio extracts from the Fins for Deshaun. Boy they're really firing on all cylinders over there.

My favorite part of this is not that it's a 7th round pick in exchange for your best running back, no, uh-uh, it's that it's all the way out in mfking 2024.

Anyway, hopefully they use the pick to acquire a player of uncompromising character and outstanding leadership.
My favorite part is that if we gave up a 3024 7th rounder for a 31 year old RB you'd talk about how stupid we were.

The Texans do more dumb stuff than any franchise in sports. You don't have to jump on not dumb stuff. Just wait a day for our next dumb move.
Old 11-02-2021, 01:14 PM
All-Pro

Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN)
Among Houston Texans players expected to be available as the trade deadline nears: TE Jordan Akins, S Lonnie Johnson, RB Phillip Lindsay, LB Zach Cunningham (and, of course, Deshaun Watson)

All your seventh round pick are belong to us