IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2015, 01:31 PM
Pro Bowler

Default New QB - B.J. Daniels

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 53s53 seconds ago
B.J. Daniels played quarterback at South Florida, now with Texans active roster, signed off Seahawks practice squad.

Definitely looking around the bottom of the barrel these days. Not an ideal situation to be in going into week 16.

Hope Hoyer's noodle is OK, and Weedon can stay upright.

I don't have a clue as to who that is, but maybe some of the draftniks on the board can advise.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:15 PM
All-Pro

B.J. Daniels, a receiver who has also played quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks during his career, has been signed off Seattle’s practice squad and to the active roster of the Houston Texans, according to a report from Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (and since confirmed by others).

Houston needs depth at quarterback with Brian Hoyer in the concussion protocol and backup T.J. Yates injured in Sunday’s game and now out for the season.

Daniels has been a fairly constant presence on either Seattle’s active roster or practice squad since being claimed off waivers from the 49ers in Oct. 2013.

He has served as both a third-team quarterback and a receiver and special teams player this year. Wilson reports that the Seahawks were “unhappy” to lose Daniels.http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/s...ouston-texans/
This guy is very versitle as it seems the Seahawks have used him on special teams and as a reseve WR, not just as a reserve QB. Not a bad pickup - way to go Rick.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:15 PM
All-Pro

OK, I was thinking of Chase Daniels, the former Missouri QB. This guy I don't know. I would have thought O'Brien might have made a play for McGloin, his former Penn State quarterback.
Old 12-21-2015, 07:10 PM
Administrator

The Texans intend for him to be a QB, but with Shorts out as well, I wonder, I wonder especially if he really factors into turning this into even more of a wildcat offense should Hoyer and Weeden become unavailable to play.

The Patriots snuffed the wildcat in Houston a couple weeks ago, but they're the Patriots. Maybe the wildcat has a chance for better success with Daniels - who has the threat of a pass - than it does with Grimes.