IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 11-30-2015, 11:12 AM
Pro Bowler

Default Division Race

With 5 games to go, looking at the upcoming schedules for us and the Colts, it looks like they have 2 pivotal games remaining, while we're staring at 3. Both teams have 3 road games, and of course 1 of our 3 are in the black hole of Indy.

Colts:
Sun, Dec 6 @ Steelers
Sun, Dec 13 @ Jaguars
Sun, Dec 20 vs Texans
Sun, Dec 27 @ Dolphins
Sun, Jan 3 vs Titans

Texans:
Sun, Dec 6 @ Bills
Sun, Dec 13 vs Patriots
Sun, Dec 20 @ Colts
Sun, Dec 27 @ Titans
Sun, Jan 3 vs Jaguars

Wk 13
Would be great if Pittsburgh would do us a solid this week, and of course the Texans take care of biz in Buffalo. Both are very doable items. Looks like Pitt is currently a TD favorite in this game.

Wk 14
While upsets can surely happen, I'm guessing the Colts pick up a game on us this week, bringing a division tie back in place. Despite the challenges the Pats O has, they still have Brady and will have Gronk. Hope its a good showing, but not counting on this one.

Wk 15
HUGE game. Luck or Hasselbeck? Who knows. Bradshaw was placed on IR today, so they'll have a newbie backing up Gore. Can't imagine Dre torching us again, so Hilton becomes a priority. If they hadn't flexed the Pats game, I could see this one getting the prime time spot. If all goes well in Week 13, we win/they lose, this will likely decide the division.

Wks 16/17 - Both teams "should" win both. Miami might be pesky, and the Hags might be pesky, but with what will be in line for both squads, they shouldn't be caught napping.

We've got some solid entertainment coming up.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:39 PM
Hall of Fame

I'm afraid it is the old cliché, you take it one game at a time. At least, that is the way the team should approach it, we fans can do whatever we want.

This upcoming Bills game is the "trappiest", IMO. The Colts game is huge so the hard part will be on OB to try to keep the team's intensity up for the Bills game.....

And obviously, once the Colts and Pats games have been played, they can't let their guard down against the Titans and Jags....

I'd like to see them sweep the whole lot of them but that is not likely so they have to get as many as they can....
Old 12-02-2015, 04:36 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
At least, that is the way the team should approach it, we fans can do whatever we want.
Exactly. They can't do it, or shouldn't be doing it, but I sure as hell can!!!
Old 12-06-2015, 04:16 PM
Pro Bowler

This isn't starting out very well.

Old 12-06-2015, 10:07 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMH View Post
This isn't starting out very well.

Looks like the Steelers are doing their part.

Since the Pats haven't lost 3 in a row in like 15 years, I'm going to assume we fall a game back this week. Hasselbeck looks like crap tonight, so maybe his 40 year old body is realizing that it's 40 years old. Maybe the Hags can sneak up on them and keep us even?
Old 12-06-2015, 10:36 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Looks like the Steelers are doing their part.

Since the Pats haven't lost 3 in a row in like 15 years, I'm going to assume we fall a game back this week. Hasselbeck looks like crap tonight, so maybe his 40 year old body is realizing that it's 40 years old. Maybe the Hags can sneak up on them and keep us even?
I dunno, Pats look vulnerable because they're banged up. They are just a 3 to 3.5 pt favorite. If the Texan pass rush shows up and keeps Brady uncomfortable, who knows? But, gotta think Belicheck will do his best to stop the bleeding.....
Old 12-07-2015, 07:15 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
I dunno, Pats look vulnerable because they're banged up. They are just a 3 to 3.5 pt favorite. If the Texan pass rush shows up and keeps Brady uncomfortable, who knows? But, gotta think Belicheck will do his best to stop the bleeding.....
O'Brien & RAC are gonna try as hard this week to get ready to play their x-team as Belcheck trys to get the Pats ready to play down here. I give us a shot - a realistic shot to beat the Pats in NRG. It will be loud there Sunday night.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:01 PM
Pro Bowler

Go Hags!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2015, 05:27 PM
All-Pro

Texans are temporarily in first place pending (gulp) tonight's game. Meanwhile, the wild care race is getting away from us - Pittsburgh, Kansas City and the Jets are all on a roll.

But the division? Looks a little better each week. Beating Indy, regardless of how, is going to determine the division.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:59 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
Texans are temporarily in first place pending (gulp) tonight's game. Meanwhile, the wild care race is getting away from us - Pittsburgh, Kansas City and the Jets are all on a roll.

But the division? Looks a little better each week. Beating Indy, regardless of how, is going to determine the division.
If you watched the Indy game from Sam's Place and you left and the Texans lose I'm going to blame it on you.

Winning the division is almost certainly the only way in now. Which is fine with me. These guys must know there is no margin for error. And, on the plus side, they control their own fate. Win and you're in, playing at home, no less.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:18 PM
Pro Bowler

Welp, what happened was expected. A little uglier than expected, but the same result.

With Hoyer in concussion protocol, very likely we have TJ vs. Charlie Whitehurst for the division crown.

Let that sink in a bit.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:41 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Welp, what happened was expected. A little uglier than expected, but the same result.

With Hoyer in concussion protocol, very likely we have TJ vs. Charlie Whitehurst for the division crown.

Let that sink in a bit.
I'll go with the guy who has a playoff win.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:14 PM
All-Pro

Slight problem. The game is at Leaking Oil Stadium where the Texans have never won in a city where they have never won. I'm betting Luck will be back just like Gronk was.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:15 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
If you watched the Indy game from Sam's Place and you left and the Texans lose I'm going to blame it on you.
I wasn't at Sam's but I didn't leave Sam's either. Watched the Bungles with a different Babydoll.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:47 AM
Pro Bowler

Jacksonville is the class of this division right now. Let that sick in...
Old 12-14-2015, 08:19 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by popanot View Post
Jacksonville is the class of this division right now. Let that sick in...
That's the second week in a row that Indy has lost by a 5 TD margin. And as bad as our division is I don't think we are any worse than the NFC East. We have Jacksonville here in the last game of the season for both teams when the division title and P-O team from the AFC South may be decided if not next week in Indy. Hey it's the last half of December and Texans still in the hunt for play offs.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:03 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
That's the second week in a row that Indy has lost by a 5 TD margin. And as bad as our division is I don't think we are any worse than the NFC East. We have Jacksonville here in the last game of the season for both teams when the division title and P-O team from the AFC South may be decided if not next week in Indy. Hey it's the last half of December and Texans still in the hunt for play offs.
Yep, woe is the Texans if they can't score on the Colt defense.

I think it's simple, now - they gotta win out. Beat the Colts and finish 9-7 and all will be forgiven.

TJ's not all that but I think I would like to see him get the remaining starts...
Old 12-20-2015, 03:48 PM
Pro Bowler

Huge W in the quest for the title. With Weedon at the helm no less. Texans now control thier own destiny for the Division Crown.
Old 12-20-2015, 04:36 PM
Hall of Fame

Weeden is going to need a crash course in this offense. OB has got his work cut out for him to keep these guys up for the next two games. After this nice win, they're in a slippery spot and the Titans and Jags matchups will need to be met with total focus.... The hard part is over. Now, take care of business...
Old 12-24-2015, 09:55 AM
Pro Bowler

We win, Indy loses = Clinch
We win, Indy ties = Clinch

Then it gets really goofy....

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ing-scenarios/

The NFL has updated its AFC South clinching playoff scenarios involving the Texans.

1) The Texans clinch the division title with a win over the Tennessee Titans combined with a loss by the Indianapolis Colts or a tie against the Miami Dolphins.

2) The Texans clinch if they tie the Titans and the Colts lose, or if they beat the Titans and clinch the strength of victory tiebreaker over the Colts or clinch a tie in strength of victory tiebreaker and clinches strength of schedule over the Colts.

2A) The Texans clinch the strength of victory tiebreaker if the Cincinnati Bengals win, plus if the New Orleans Saints, New York Jets or Carolina Panthers win, or if the Saints, Jets or Panthers win. Or if there are tie or ties in games involving the Bengals, Saints, Jets or Panthers.

2B) The Texans clinch a strength of victory tiebreaker and strength of schedule tiebreaker over the Colts if the Bengals, Kansas City Chiefs and Baltimore Ravens all win this weekend.