IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2016, 10:09 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nconroe View Post
If I were to assess blame for this year it would all be on BOB. He pretty clearly made the choices that led to Hoyer being our QB.
One could definitely make a case that our QB situation has regressed. Actually a case could be that it has obviously regressed.
The same could be said for the team as a whole when we consider our record was the same as last year even though unlike last year we didn't have to contend with our primary nemesis who has been laid up most of the year with a sliced kidney. And so many questions about how he's handled the QB situation, including his actions or lack thereof in the two drafts he's been here ?
Old 01-11-2016, 08:34 AM
Pro Bowler

I knew I saw Hopkins mouthing "Get his ass out of here!!" as he was walking off the field after Hoyer's 4th turnover shortly before the half

http://www.ynn.io/daily-hype/more/ge...brian-hoyer-15

I get Weeden sucks and likely wouldn't have made a difference, but I don't care. You pull Hoyer's ass regardless. I would rather have seen ANYBODY other than Hoyer playing QB after the half (especially after the first series of the 2nd half when he went 3 and out and was obviously still lost and going to suck). I wouldn't have cared if they went strictly to the wildcat at that point. Anybody, anything, other than Hoyer.

And let me just say, I don't care how much of the playbook Weeden knew, to not give him some starter reps in practice (as OB said he only had one lonely snap with the starters) leading up to a playoff game with a QB who has recently been concussed is a highly questionable decision, IMO.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:05 PM
All-Pro

For now I'll ignore what happened at QB this week. I think the worst screw ups that led to that...

6. Not signing Weeden at the same time we signed Yates. We gambled on the roster spot being more valuable, then when Yates got hurt we had to sign a guy way to late to learn the playbook. Thus we get the worst QB performance in NFL playoff history and have nowhere to go.

5. Knowing Ryan Mallett and somehow not realizing how much of a head case he is. How was this guy brought back this year? How bad is Hoyer to lose a job to this screw up?

4. Thinking Brian Hoyer was a starting QB. Not much to say here I haven't said before.

3. Putting Tom Savage on IR. Tom has been totally healthy for the whole 2nd half of the season and could have started several games for us. I think he'd have been better than the garbage we had, we might be in round 2, and he'd be fully evaluated going forward.

2. Not drafting a QB in the early rounds during O'Brien's first 2 seasons. It's huge arrogance to think he doesn't need talent there to win (when every other coach in history did need talent).

1. Passing on Derek Carr. This is the truly unforgivable one for me. The most QB desperate team in the NFL has a 1st round talent fall to round 2, no trade up necessary, and we don't pull the trigger. Swap out Sua Fi'o for Carr and this team might have had a bye this past week. We'd be a promising team going forward. Instead we are a punchline.

If I made a 6-bet parlay 12 months ago that a QB starved NFL franchise coming off a 9 win seasons would be this stupid this many times, I'd be a millionaire right now.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:06 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by popanot View Post
I knew I saw Hopkins mouthing "Get his ass out of here!!" as he was walking off the field after Hoyer's 4th turnover shortly before the half

http://www.ynn.io/daily-hype/more/ge...brian-hoyer-15

I get Weeden sucks and likely wouldn't have made a difference, but I don't care. You pull Hoyer's ass regardless. I would rather have seen ANYBODY other than Hoyer playing QB after the half (especially after the first series of the 2nd half when he went 3 and out and was obviously still lost and going to suck). I wouldn't have cared if they went strictly to the wildcat at that point. Anybody, anything, other than Hoyer.

And let me just say, I don't care how much of the playbook Weeden knew, to not give him some starter reps in practice (as OB said he only had one lonely snap with the starters) leading up to a playoff game with a QB who has recently been concussed is a highly questionable decision, IMO.
Hopkins now has a little more in common with Andre Johnson. He's learning what it is to be screwed by our QB play.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:34 PM
All-Pro

I'm not sure that's exactly what Nuke said but the sentiment was clear.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:41 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post

3. Putting Tom Savage on IR. Tom has been totally healthy for the whole 2nd half of the season and could have started several games for us. I think he'd have been better than the garbage we had, we might be in round 2, and he'd be fully evaluated going forward.
I'm hoping the team doctors initially misjudged his rehab period and told O'brien he couldn't make it back during the current season from his injury, otherwise IRing Savage at that time is hard to explain and justify ?
Quote:
2. Not drafting a QB in the early rounds during O'Brien's first 2 seasons. It's huge arrogance to think he doesn't need talent there to win (when every other coach in history did need talent).
Inexplicible and inexcusable.
Quote:
1. Passing on Derek Carr. This is the truly unforgivable one for me. The most QB desperate team in the NFL has a 1st round talent fall to round 2, no trade up necessary, and we don't pull the trigger. Swap out Sua Fi'o for Carr and this team might have had a bye this past week. We'd be a promising team going forward. Instead we are a punchline.
On this one I can buy the oft expressed explanation which is many in the organization, led by the owner himself, felt that the younger brother of David Carr could potentially be subjected to an environment of harsh criticism and ridicule at the first sign of any issues which would make his success that much more difficult to realize.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I can definitely see him mouth "...ass out of here". Unfortunately, that video is poor quality and slowed down. I'd love to find better, full-speed version.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:28 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I'm hoping the team doctors initially misjudged his rehab period and told O'brien he couldn't make it back during the current season from his injury, otherwise IRing Savage at that time is hard to explain and justify ?

Inexplicible and inexcusable.

On this one I can buy the oft expressed explanation which is many in the organization, led by the owner himself, felt that the younger brother of David Carr could potentially be subjected to an environment of harsh criticism and ridicule at the first sign of any issues which would make his success that much more difficult to realize.
It is a weak willed group that doesn't draft a guy because of fan sentiment. I can't imagine O'Brien operating that way. I think it far more likely they just totally blew their evaluation of Carr.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Ya, not sure what exactly he is saying but someone in another forum pointed out that he is talking to Dr. Walter Lowe.....
Old 01-11-2016, 03:15 PM
All-Pro

Pretty quick decision to get rid of our special teams coach and two other assistant coaches.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:33 AM
All-Pro

Nuke said, Get that m****erf****er out of the game.

I sort of wonder what Weeden did all week at practice if he didn't, you know, practice.