IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2022, 04:12 PM
Hall of Fame

Default Preseason game: 49ers @ Texans, 8/25/2022

It's a Thursday night affair this time. 7 pm CST.

Last preseason game. Might get to see about ½ a game of the starters. I hear that Dameon Pierce is flying off the fantasy football boards.

ESPN only listed the game to be shown on Prime Video but my TV menu shows the game will be shown on FOX. Perhaps that is just for Houston, I dunno. (Edit: 506 Sports is showing only Houston and SF get the FOX game) NFLN will air a replay of the game @ 11 pm same night.

-----------------------------------------------

I spent all day Saturday and Sunday reworking my itinerary, but it looks like if things work out, I will be at Empower Field at Mile High in Denver week 2.
Old 08-22-2022, 11:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
I spent all day Saturday and Sunday reworking my itinerary, but it looks like if things work out, I will be at Empower Field at Mile High in Denver week 2.
That's awesome. Took a tour of that stadium a few years ago (pre-COVID). Plus the weather should be great.
Old 08-22-2022, 11:38 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
That's awesome. Took a tour of that stadium a few years ago (pre-COVID). Plus the weather should be great.
Eheh. The early line in that game is the Broncos by 10½ to 11. I may not stay long.

I've been scoping out a place to park my bike on Google Maps near the stadium. I'm seeing $100 for parking at the ticket places. Are they out of their minds? That's insane. One of the reasons I've never been to a Texan game in Houston - stupid, expensive parking. I can park and lockup my bike in places a car can't go.... Getting towed would really ruin the day but I think I will ask for permission from a nearby restaurant or lounge and see how that flies....
Old 08-23-2022, 04:08 PM
All-Pro

https://www.ridemetro.org/pages/howtoridemetro.aspx
Old 08-25-2022, 07:35 PM
Hall of Fame

Texans put together a good opening drive and score on a 1 yard run by Dameon Pierce.

Texans 7, 49ers 0

7:33 left in the 1st qtr.

Pierce 6/37 on the drive
Old 08-25-2022, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Pierce being "just" 6/37 is because only the end zone can stop him on a 1-yd TD dive. I comped him to Emmitt Smith a couple weeks ago. I think he is a younger version of that. Sharp cuts, change of direction, probably comes from young legs. Oddly, pretty good tread left since Florida somehow didn't overuse him.

Jump ball to Nico Collins drew the DPI to set up the score. EZ fades aren't really my jam, but Collins is a match-up nightmare. Not really sure the 49ers are gameplanning for Collins in a preseason game, so that may not be there as much once these games count.

Earlier in the drive, Charles Omenihu had a personal foul diving at Davis Mills kneecap. Not cool, man. Fomer Texan not holding anything back.
Old 08-25-2022, 08:20 PM
Hall of Fame

Oy, after the Texans get a turnover, pass to Chris Moore in the end zone gets tipped around till T Moore of the 49ers INTs.

Not really Mills' fault there but an INT goes on his stats. 49'ers ball at the 20 with about 5 minutes left in the half.
Old 08-25-2022, 08:58 PM
Hall of Fame

Mills hits Chris Moore for a 16 yard TD pass to start the 2nd half.

Texans 14, 49ers 0

11:27 left in the 3rd qtr.

Expect many substitutions from here on out.... Time to shine if you're a JAG....

With the help of Mack's 24 yard run, the Texans now have 95 yards rushing.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:15 PM
Hall of Fame

Matt Ammendola adds a 45 yard FG for the Texans.

Texans 17, 49ers 0

1:58 left in the 3rd qtr.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:08 PM
Hall of Fame

And that's the way it ends:

Texans 17, 49ers 0

-----------------------------------------

Next up is the Colts at NRG on 9/11. The roster will get trimmed down in between....
Old 08-26-2022, 12:02 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Pierce being "just" 6/37 is because only the end zone can stop him on a 1-yd TD dive. I comped him to Emmitt Smith a couple weeks ago. I think he is a younger version of that. Sharp cuts, change of direction, probably comes from young legs. Oddly, pretty good tread left since Florida somehow didn't overuse him.

Jump ball to Nico Collins drew the DPI to set up the score. EZ fades aren't really my jam, but Collins is a match-up nightmare. Not really sure the 49ers are gameplanning for Collins in a preseason game, so that may not be there as much once these games count.

Earlier in the drive, Charles Omenihu had a personal foul diving at Davis Mills kneecap. Not cool, man. Fomer Texan not holding anything back.
It's hard to gameplan to take away the EZ fade. If you do that you're putting a safety over the top and playing a man short in the middle of the field. That's not a move teams will make against Randy Moss most days, let alone Nico Collins. If a team can connect on the EZ fade you almost just tip your cap.