View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Regular Starter

Anonymous college coach quotes on Stingley from Bruce Feldman of the Athletic:

“The kid is uber talented. He’s long as shit. He wasn’t physical but there’s no question he’s talented. He’s an impressive athlete. I think he moves better than the other (top) cornerbacks. I’ve heard he’s a good kid.”

“I thought he was a finesse corner. He wasn’t violent at the line of scrimmage, but he has great feet and is a real technician, and his ball skills really set him apart. But you wonder: Is the drive or fire there? He had that great freshman year. I don’t know what’s happened the past two years. He’s got the ability to be really good. I just wonder if he’s built for it. It wouldn’t surprise me if he gets to the league and he does really well. But if he gets a second contract, is he gonna be the same player?”

“He’s got those long arms that pretty much touch the grass in his stance. I think he’s smoother than a sudden guy. Plays the ball in the air very well. I think he got a little bored at times. When the ball isn’t going his way, his technique gets away from him. He did fall off a little bit; maybe that was new scheme, new defense.”

“He’s almost like a wide receiver playing DB. His ball skills and the way he made plays on the ball are rare. It’s one thing for a defensive back to get in position, but his body control and the adjustments he could make in mid-air, this dude is different. He looked like a seasoned vet as a true freshman.”