PDA

View Full Version : New Head Coach at USC is...

Rush23
01-12-2010, 08:22 PM
http://www.virtualsportsnet.com/2010/01/12/lane-kiffin-new-head-coach-at-usc/

New Head Coach at USC is Lane Kiffen. The coach from Tennessee who talked all of that SEC trash to other teams, bounced from his 7-5 Volunteers after 1 season. Seems like a trend...1 season with the Raiders...1 season with Volunteers...thoughts on this move? I am a bit shocked he just straight up left UT.

Roy P
01-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Wrong board to put this. It belongs under the other 31 teams. I think Kiffin stays with USC for at least 3 seasons. He better be able to recruit. Having his dad should ensure a dominant defense.

nunusguy
01-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Man I'll bet they are hot in Tennessee, which is obviously a major college program in its own right, defintely not chopped liver even though this guy treats them as such since he bolts after being there only one season to go to SoCal.
My guess is that top recruits headed to USC were ready to go else where with the news of Carrolls departure and no replacement in sight, so USC panicked and grabbed this bozo because everyother HC propsect was giving USC the cold-shoulder.

HPF Bob
01-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Carroll left a step before USC goes on probation and Kiffen was attracted because his shenanigans at Tennessee are about ready to put that school on probation so he's apparently decided to go to USC where he can deny *he* put them on probation.

Kiffen, IMO, is going to ruin the Trojans and put them among the also-rans of the Pac-10 where Carroll found them.

Warren
01-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Kiffin is a card-carrying bozo -- his track record at Tennessee (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/309801-the-top-10-gaffes-lane-kiffin-has-made-at-tennessee) makes Barry Switzer look like Tom Landry when it comes to thoughtfulness, prudence, and tact. Hiring him at a program already under the NCAA microscope seems suicidal.

On the other hand, he's assembling a heck of a staff -- his father running the D, star recruiter Ed Orgeron (who called Vol recruits with his Tennessee-issued cell phone to try to get them to switch to USC -- classy), and maybe Norm Chow to run the offense. If they can keep Kiffy in line they could be successful. I don't expect that to happen so the trainwreck should be fun to watch.