PDA

View Full Version : A note on the recently passed on.

painekiller
06-25-2009, 11:02 PM
In the last 48 hours 3 people who have added great memories to my life passed away.

Ed McMahon was the sidekick. He was the super hawker of products, Budweiser, Alpo. And he could host also Star Search, and don't forget Celebrity bloopers.

Then today, the woman who ushered in my puberty, Farrah Fawcett passed. I still remember the topic at school was what did Farrah wear last night. Just once I would have been happy to have her cream my face (Noxzema) and ride off in her cougar. That red bathing suit is burnt into the mind of many a lad of my generation.

And lastly, I am in disbelieve over the passing of Micheal Jackson. I was a fan before he went nuts. The man changed MTV, From cute kid to a super star's super star, to his fall from grace. Micheal did it bigger than all. He was an entertainer you could not take your eyes off of. Even when you thought you should. He sang to a rat and we bought it, he danced with zombies and we bought it, he gave Weird Al a career and we bought that too.

I want to say rest in peace all of you, thank you for the joyful memories.

HPF Bob
06-26-2009, 12:34 PM
They say celebrities die in threes and that's a pretty big threesome. All of them were well-known all over the world.

I was reading a thread about Fawcett on another site and a poster noted that celebrities die in threes and predicted the next one would be Michael Jackson. That was three hours before the first reports of cardiac arrest started to come in.

Fawcett, it may not be well-known, was born in Corpus Christi and was a sorority sister at the University of Texas back in the late 60s. Some of the photos of her before she became an icon are, in my mind, some of the most beautiful, feminine images I've ever seen.

It doesn't matter how huge you get, though, the end eventually comes to them all.

painekiller
06-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Fawcett, it may not be well-known, was born in Corpus Christi and was a sorority sister at the University of Texas back in the late 60s.

Did you mean she was your sorority sister? Or that she was in a sorority?

It was little known but her family had moved to Houston before she exploded. In fact her father and brother still live here. Here brother Wayde Fawcett is a famous dentist here in Houston.

Also Jacqueline Smiths family lived in Houston in the late 70s, not sure if or when they left, small world.

HPF Bob
06-26-2009, 06:19 PM
I came to UT about 10 years after her.

She was a Delta Delta Delta or "Tri-Delt" which is the sorority of choice for girls who could spend Daddy's money like nobody's business.

Never met her personally though.

Yeah, Jaclyn Smith was born in Houston while Kate Jackson was born in Alabama and went to school at Ole Miss, proving of course that the best-looking women all come from the South. One trip up north should convince anyone of that. :D

Nconroe
06-26-2009, 08:07 PM
Take a look at We are the World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmxT21uFRwM

this one features Michael
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0IweJ0g39I&feature=related

Remember the good things and your memories of Ed, Farrah, and Michael.

We enjoyed them and we'll miss them. Wish their families condolences.

popanot
06-27-2009, 07:03 AM
Well, it looks like MJ may have had help in is death. Police are searching for his personal doctor who regularly shot him up with Demerol and did so just before he went into cardiac arrest.