PDA

View Full Version : Landshark Stadium?

HPF Bob
05-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Dolphins Stadium renamed again (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11720174)

MIAMI -- The Miami Dolphins are renaming their home Landshark Stadium as part of a partnership with singer Jimmy Buffett.

The name change from Dolphin Stadium is the fifth since the stadium opened in 1987.

Buffett's Margaritaville enterprise includes Landshark Lager, brewed by Anheuser-Busch.

Buffett and new Dolphins owner Stephen Ross are friends. They plan to unveil a new logo for the stadium at a private event Friday, where Buffett will perform a song inspired by the Dolphins.

The stadium, which has lacked a corporate sponsor for several years, will be the site of the Super Bowl for the fifth time in February. It's the home for the Dolphins, Miami Hurricanes and Florida Marlins.

Wastin' away again in Landshark Stadium...

Keith
05-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Classic SNL...
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/saturday-night-live-season-1-land-shark/1415496980

Laraine: (At door) Who is it?

Chevy: (Outside door) Flowers.

Laraine: Flowers for whom?

Chevy: Plumber ma'am.

Laraine: I don't need a plumber. You're that clever shark, aren't you?

Chevy: Candygram...

Laraine: Candygram my foot. You get out of here before I call the police. You're the shark and you know it.

Chevy: Uh, I-I'm only a dolphin, ma'am.

Laraine: A dolphin? Well okay. (unlocks door, huge latex foam shark attacks, chomps down on her head)

superbowlbound
05-08-2009, 03:11 PM
I don't know if you've had it before, but landshark is a truly awful beer. I'd honestly rather have a schlitz.

Dave
05-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Joe Robbie would be SO proud!

painekiller
05-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Joe Robbie would be SO proud!

I was thinking the samething.

You know I think it should be a law in Miami that the stadium should stay forever Joe Robbie Stadium.

kRocket
05-12-2009, 02:11 AM
Classic SNL...
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/saturday-night-live-season-1-land-shark/1415496980

Laraine: (At door) Who is it?

Chevy: (Outside door) Flowers.

Laraine: Flowers for whom?

Chevy: Plumber ma'am.

Laraine: I don't need a plumber. You're that clever shark, aren't you?

Chevy: Candygram...

Laraine: Candygram my foot. You get out of here before I call the police. You're the shark and you know it.

Chevy: Uh, I-I'm only a dolphin, ma'am.

Laraine: A dolphin? Well okay. (unlocks door, huge latex foam shark attacks, chomps down on her head)

I don't think these kids have any idea what you are talking about, but I thought it was funny as hell!

NickO
05-12-2009, 06:21 AM
has chuck ever made it over to itb.com? be funny to get his view...

Keith
05-12-2009, 09:20 AM
has chuck ever made it over to itb.com? be funny to get his view...
Yes, chuck is around periodically, just not as an active of a poster. I could be wrong, but I seem to recall him saying he doesn't live in Florida anymore. Maybe if he lurks on over to this thread, he'll proffer his two cents on the matter.

nero THE zero
05-13-2009, 04:33 PM
I don't know if you've had it before, but landshark is a truly awful beer. I'd honestly rather have a schlitz.

I think it tastes fine.