PDA

View Full Version : Texans Still Eyeing 8-8?

HPF Bob
12-04-2008, 02:06 AM
After the horrible start, the Texans might just salvage an 8-8 season after all of this. Hard to believe but look at the rest of the schedule:

12/7 at Green Bay (5-7) - stunned to be on the outside after losing 4 of their last 5. Very vulnerable in run defense. Rodgers starting to show some wear during long season.

12/14 vs Tennessee (11-1) - we often play these guys tough at home but rarely win. If run defense shows up, we got a chance.

12/21 at Oakland (3-9) - Coming off a loss to the 2-10 Chiefs. Looking as dysfunctional as ever.

12/28 vs Chicago (6-6) - At Soldier Field, I think we'd lose but in Houston the Texans could be facing a team with nothing to play for.

So, even if they drop their rematch with the Titans, the other three are winnable games. Granted, two road victories when they've only won one this season seems a tall order but they will be facing teams with records as bad as ours who could very well be packing it in.

Something to ponder...

painekiller
12-04-2008, 02:31 AM
And if they do make it to 8-8, does Dick Smith keep his job? :eek:

nunusguy
12-04-2008, 07:04 AM
So, even if they drop their rematch with the Titans, the other three are winnable games. Granted, two road victories when they've only won one this season seems a tall order but they will be facing teams with records as bad as ours who could very well be packing it in.

The game that's not likely to be winnable IMO is the game in GB this weekend. If they could somehow win that game, there's a realistic chance they run the table for a 9-7 record, but beating the Packers up there in December weather after our short week following the big MNF win is a real long-shot.

NBT
12-04-2008, 01:23 PM
8 and 8 would not do it for me because it would seem to be a step back, or at least not a step forward. It would be just sluicing around in breakeven land.

Maybe Dickie Smith is not the whole problem now that the defense has shown a little aggression. When will Kubiak be satisfied that we have the men in place to go full tilt from game one?

HPF Bob
12-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Do you really think the Texans have above-.500 talent? I don't. I see several areas where we are below average, including quarterback, that need to be fixed before we can think seriously of being in the playoffs.

coloradodude
12-04-2008, 05:32 PM
If we stick to our running game over our passing game, and I mean really run the ball, we will beat the Packers and the Raiders. We would really have something to build on for next years offense.

But, if we go to our passing game to get out of some hole which our passing game probably put us in we lose all 4.

I really like our running game with Slaton back there.

Nconroe
12-04-2008, 08:45 PM
For me, depends how we look these last four games. is the young team learning how to play or not. are QB's learning to stop being a turnover machine or not.

barrett
12-04-2008, 10:29 PM
If we stick to our running game over our passing game, and I mean really run the ball, we will beat the Packers and the Raiders. We would really have something to build on for next years offense.

But, if we go to our passing game to get out of some hole which our passing game probably put us in we lose all 4.

I really like our running game with Slaton back there.

Agreed. You called it on Gibbs, it just took a while for you to be proven right. I loved watching our O-line work last week.

NBT
12-07-2008, 03:33 PM
The game that's not likely to be winnable IMO is the game in GB this weekend. If they could somehow win that game, there's a realistic chance they run the table for a 9-7 record, but beating the Packers up there in December weather after our short week following the big MNF win is a real long-shot.

Well what do you know, the Texans won at GB today. And even spotting GB 4 turnovers to boot. But that is the reason we will not win out. No 8-8, much less 9-7 I say.

sinnister
12-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Do you really think the Texans have above-.500 talent? I don't. I see several areas where we are below average, including quarterback, that need to be fixed before we can think seriously of being in the playoffs.

I see some below average areas, but I think Schaub has potential. I think he has gotten better this year, with the help of a running game and better OL play. The OL needs to continue to get better, and we need to start finishing drives......AND CUT THE FREAKING TURNOVERS........I feel better now......A pass rusher and a great safety would really help this D....