PDA

View Full Version : The upcoming Detroit game (10-19)

Arky
10-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Wow, early line on the Texans vs. Lions game has the Texans as a 9 point favorite. Seems a little steep to me..... If I was still a bettin' man, I might take the Lions on this one....

The next two games (Lions, Bengals) are against what are considered "weaker" teams but the Texans can't afford to take anyone lightly. As the saying goes, "On any given Sunday....."

If the Texans can take care of business these next few games (but one game at a time), it is going to be possible to get back to .500, in which case, things could get very interesting again.... Just like the Astros for most of the year, the Texans need to get back to .500, first - anything beyond that is just wishful thinking at this point...

Mike
10-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Someday we will see the Texans on the right side of a blowout. I hope it is this weekend. I would like nothing more than to enjoy a game that we just impose our will and dominate from start to finish.

nunusguy
10-14-2008, 12:42 PM
What can one say ? Guess the guys who determine the spreads are just wowed by that ole Texan juggernaught.

popanot
10-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Houston Football Pro Team X still owe the Bengals a huge blowout. Paybacks for Sam Wyche vs. Jerry Glanville.

WMH
10-14-2008, 03:10 PM
This game just got a little easier.....

In addition to them moving Kitna to IR

From PFT:

LIONS TRADE ROY WILLIAMS TO COWBOYS
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 14, 2008, 4:03 p.m.
The Detroit Lions have traded wide receiver Roy Williams to the Dallas Cowboys.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the trade was made today, just before the NFL trade deadline.

It is not clear exactly what compensation the Lions got from the Cowboys, but Schefter reported that Detroit received “at least one first-round pick.”

Williams, who played his high school football for the Permian Panthers and his college football for the Texas Longhorns, will return to his home state. He becomes a free agent at the end of this season.

popanot
10-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Man, I hope the Cowpies have a major meltdown.

NBT
10-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Don't care squat about the Cowpies, but I hope the Texans don't fall asleep and take Detroit too lightly, betting line notwithstanding. Offense now doing OK, work like heck on that defense, and stop those *&^%$#@ turnovers!!!!!!!!!

cadams
10-14-2008, 09:18 PM
given the shape the lions were in before kitna and williams were out, if the texans don't win this weekend i then everyone should be fired.

KJ3
10-17-2008, 09:33 AM
given the shape the lions were in before kitna and williams were out, if the texans don't win this weekend i then everyone should be fired.

before kitna/williams were out...like before they fired their GM mid-season or after? calvin johnson is nice, but he shouldn't beat this team all by his one-sy.

NBT
10-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Let's hope Kubiak doesn't let the Texans fall into that trap.

coloradodude
10-18-2008, 06:18 PM
If we don't run the ball for 200 yards OR pass for 400 yards, I'll just get back into the stockmarket. I need some excitement.

TheMatrix31
10-18-2008, 08:41 PM
before kitna/williams were out...like before they fired their GM mid-season or after? calvin johnson is nice, but he shouldn't beat this team all by his one-sy.

Wasn't it last year where Lee Evans beat the shit out of our secondary in one quarter?

KJ3
10-20-2008, 07:26 AM
Wasn't it last year where Lee Evans beat the shit out of our secondary in one quarter?

he shouldn't

TexicanMexican
10-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Two seasons ago. Back to back the same play on back to back series for 84 yard TDs.