PDA

View Full Version : Home opener [Deep Steel Blue Sunday vs. Colts]

Mike
09-29-2008, 04:01 PM
OK, I am not going to look back and the last month has been tough on all of us, those of you without power for longer periods of time it has been worse.

However, I love this team (probably to a fault) and I enjoy my 8 home games (hopefully someday those will include playoffs). I hope everyone with tickets show up. This board has diehard fans, so if you know a ticketholder who is waffling about going, or is pissy, tell them the team and city needs them to get to the game and support the Texans. A win would help us all out.

With that being said, who is going to be there? Roll call!! WEAR WHITE!!!!

I'll be in section 349, decked out in white (even if it after labor day) with my liberty White Okoye 91 jersey and my wife with her #26 Matt Stevens tribute. C'mon guys, represent!

papabear
09-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Oh me and my whole crew will be there....even if some of them are a little pissy about the team. The tailgate is too much fun to miss.

coloradodude
09-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Be sure to "boo" enthusiastically at the defense please. I'm almost scared to think what Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are gonna do to us.

Our defense will leave the stadium bruised.

Bull
09-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Be sure to "boo" enthusiastically at the defense please. I'm almost scared to think what Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are gonna do to us.

.........................ummmmmmm

We are playing the Colts.

KJ3
09-30-2008, 07:27 AM

fixed.

i'll be there, section 530 i think...behind the field goals on the north side of the stadium, first row of the top bowl!! i don't have a white jersey/texans shirt yet though...i have a few days to work on it though!

Mike
09-30-2008, 08:01 AM
Actuallly, the Liberty White game is the Ravens. This is deep steel blue sunday, so I'll scrap the white for a blue jersey. I think I'll wear my #23.

nunusguy
09-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Wonder what the crowd turnout and support of those fans who attend the game will be like this Sunday ?
As far as the outcome of the game, I'm gonna exercise my prerogative as a native Missourian and say, yea, they are gonna have to show-me they
can win this year before I start making those kinds of predictions. And this Sunday against the Colts, it sure is the wrong team for us to start a winning streak against if you go by the history.
All I can say is good luck Texans, I'm hoping with all my might that you pull off an upset !

nero THE zero
09-30-2008, 08:58 AM
I'll be there in section 629

KJ3
09-30-2008, 11:51 AM
blue?! i have blue! i'm off the hook for now...

the texans should put a blue shirt on every seat.

Mike
09-30-2008, 01:10 PM
KJ, you are off the hook!

Although Texan fans are terrible at wearing white for Liberty White day (it is only plastered on the ticket) and we have been doing that for game 1 the past few years. Even battle red day people are wearing white, green, purple, mauve, fuscia (whatever that is.) :rolleyes:

KJ3
09-30-2008, 03:09 PM
well, that was kind of what the "blue shirt on every seat" comment was about. see that pittsburgh game last night? most of the fans were wearing the colors. it's impressive that 70,000ish people can get it together like that. i guess it pays to have an identity in the nfl!!

maybe, aside from some semblance of fan unity, a 3 dollar shirt with a stamped logo on it would get people in the seats for the kickoff? that would be double-neat.

nero THE zero
09-30-2008, 03:10 PM
KJ, you are off the hook!

Although Texan fans are terrible at wearing white for Liberty White day (it is only plastered on the ticket) and we have been doing that for game 1 the past few years. Even battle red day people are wearing white, green, purple, mauve, fuscia (whatever that is.) :rolleyes:

Not every fan can afford a jersey for every contrived marketing ploy.

I have my season tickets and my battle red jersey that I wear to every game. If someone wants to fork over the $140 for the other two colored jerseys I'd be more than happy to oblige

coloradodude
09-30-2008, 03:16 PM

Wow, I was off. Sorry about that. So it's far worse than I thought...the friggin Colts.

Now back to my mistake. At least I don't vote because it would take two voters to compensate for any stupid decision I would make at the polls. The scary part? I drive a car and own weapons................and have children to continue my lineage!

Mike
09-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Not every fan can afford a jersey for every contrived marketing ploy.

I have my season tickets and my battle red jersey that I wear to every game. If someone wants to fork over the $140 for the other two colored jerseys I'd be more than happy to oblige

Most everone has a red or white t-shirt and that is what I was implying. That, and some "fans" should get their heads out of their arse and pay attention a little bit.

KJ3
10-01-2008, 07:13 AM
Most everone has a red or white t-shirt and that is what I was implying. That, and some "fans" should get their heads out of their arse and pay attention a little bit.

you should get a megaphone out on gameday with that message! seriously, the bottom bowl kind of filters in during the game. i just want to go up to them and tell 'em, "it's called kick-off, be there"