PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Yahoo Pickem and Survival groups

Arky
08-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Time to sign up for the 2015 edition of the Inthebullseye Yahoo Pickem and Survival leagues.

Pickem league:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

And enter: Group ID = 19427
Password = 7777

Some of you might get an email invite. Any problems, let me know. Simply pick the winner (no spread) of each game every week. This year's winner gets a $20 e-gift card to either Domino's, Pizza Hut or Papa John's - your choice. (I highly recommend the $7.99 Domino's large 3-topping carryout on Mon-Thurs. With a $20 gift card, you can get two of these...)

---------------------------------------

Survival league:

Every week just pick one sure-fire winner. It's a 3-strikes and you're out group, i.e. you can be wrong twice but the 3rd time, you're out. Sorry, no pizza card for the winner - just bragging rights....

To join, go here:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joingroup

And enter: Group ID = 9477
Password = 7777 (yes, same password as above)

----------------------------------------

Bookmarks/Favorites:

Pickem: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

Survival: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/

---------------------------------------

All entries welcome.

Arky
08-22-2015, 03:33 PM
If you got an email to join two Survival groups, please note that group ID #9477 is the one to join. You may have got an email to join group ID #9476 and that one is incorrect. So,

ID #9476 = incorrect
ID #9477 = correct

--------------------------------------------

If you already signed up for #9476, you can leave the group by going here:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/

And finding the "Leave a group" link kind of in the middle of the page and clicking on it. 9476 will be the first one on the list (i.e 9476 first listed, 9477 second on the list provided you joined both groups).

Sorry about the confusion.

HPF Bob
09-11-2015, 12:24 PM
Arky, it won't let me join with 9477 and 7777. Let me know what is wrong so I can join. If I can't get this done in time, my first week on the suicide contest is Arizona over New Orleans.

Arky
09-12-2015, 11:23 AM
Arky, it won't let me join with 9477 and 7777. Let me know what is wrong so I can join. If I can't get this done in time, my first week on the suicide contest is Arizona over New Orleans.

Just saw your post. Gosh, I dunno, everybody else got in OK...

Make sure you're signed into Yahoo. Make sure you're clicking on the Survival link and not the Pickem link.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/joingroup

or

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival

and look for "Join a group"...

ID and password haven't changed and I can't pick for you so let me know if you continue to have a problem though I'm not sure I can do anything about it... Maybe try from a different computer?

HPF Bob
09-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Got in this time. Should be okay now. Thanks, Arky.

Arky
09-12-2015, 06:20 PM
Got in this time. Should be okay now. Thanks, Arky.

Great! (BTW, I like AZ, too)

-----------------------------------

Just a reminder, it's a good idea to get the email notice every week from Yahoo to make your picks. Over the course of the season, it's very easy to forget to make your pick(s). If you want to receive the email notifications and didn't check it off during the sign-up process, you can edit that setting by clicking on your name --> My Picks and Groups tab --> and then find the "Edit my info" link. You can change your handle there, too, if you wish...

barrett
09-12-2015, 08:09 PM
I'm happy to already be in week 2 of the survivor pool. That's farther than I made it last year.

HPF Bob
09-20-2015, 11:00 AM
In week 1, I picked against the Saints because they were on the road. This week, I'm choosing the Saints because they are at home (against Famous Jamais and Tampa Bay).

WMH
09-22-2015, 09:58 AM
Damn, we all took a hit last week?

Gotta love the NFL. You rarely know what's going to happen.

Arky
09-26-2015, 05:06 AM
Worst hit on Survivor/Eliminator pools I've ever seen - especially for Week 2. As far as I can tell, 90-95% were incorrect - that goes for Yahoo, ESPN and some of the others. I believe most of the people who survived were picking Pittsburgh and that wasn't many....

Our pool allows for 3 strikes so on we go.....

Nconroe
11-05-2015, 12:07 AM
Just thought I'd say woohoo since I appear to be near top of both survivor and pickem leagues this week. Lotta strange results this year, not sure if that is a sign of equality across the league or just inconsistent refeing or what, too many young players?

Arky
11-09-2015, 01:12 AM
Looks like Keith has won the Survival pool? Let's all have a round of applause....

*waits for clapping to stop*

Congratulations, Keith. ;)

Nconroe currently leading the pickem.... and I'm having a horrible year (kind of like the Texans)....

HPF Bob
11-09-2015, 12:38 PM
Congratulations, Keith. Take a t-shirt out of petty cash. :p

Keith
11-09-2015, 08:28 PM
I won? Wow.

Thanks Arky for setting us up again this year.

Nconroe
11-10-2015, 10:26 AM
Congrats Keith on winning the Survival League.

painekiller
11-10-2015, 04:58 PM
Way to go Keith

Foo'ball Fool
01-10-2016, 08:07 PM
Congrats to NConroe for winning the Pick'em league. I'm still 9 behind with 7 games left, so it's over.

chuck
01-10-2016, 08:15 PM
Congrats to NConroe for winning the Pick'em league. I'm still 9 behind with 7 games left, so it's over.

We've all been playing for second place for some time now.

Keith
01-10-2016, 10:45 PM
Yep, Nconroe killing it this season, congrats!

Arky
01-11-2016, 02:39 AM
Congrats to Nconroe for staying hot all year long. Very tough to do.

Nconroe: contact me here or via PM and tell me which pizza joint you would like to have. I can furnish either Papa John's or Pizza Hut $20 e-gift card. I will send you the details on how to use it. Unfortunately, Dominos changed the value of their card so, not an option.

------------------------------------------------------

Pickem leagues as a whole throughout the interweb were very tough this year. Usually, not uncommon to see several people at 66% (2 wins, 1 loss ratio) win percentage or better. Not so this year. Very, very few had 66% or better...

Nconroe
01-11-2016, 03:02 PM
Thanks guys. Pure luck.

Arky, is it yahoo sports or you doing gift card? It's fun just to play.

And this year had a lot of balance or upsets, however one views it.

Arky
01-11-2016, 03:59 PM
Arky, is it yahoo sports or you doing gift card?

It's me. I get the gift cards at another website where I pay for them with the bet points I earn. So, really doesn't cost me any money...

Gimme a pick....:)

Nconroe
01-11-2016, 06:21 PM
I work near Beltway 8 and 249, or Lake Conroe, so, if in the area we can eat pizza somewhere. Thanks. Look forward to next season of pickem.

Arky
01-11-2016, 07:52 PM
I don't get out that way much. Should be plenty of Papa Johns in your area so I sent you a Papa Johns card. Check your PM's....

Nconroe
01-12-2016, 05:52 AM
Perfect and big thanks. Good luck everyone on Powerball